Lakeview Subacute Care Center has developed a Cardiac rehabilitation program for patients in the transitional zone between stabilization in the hospital after any cardiac procedure or event and enrollment into an outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program.
This program is not a general rehabilitation program treating cardiac patients in a Subacute setting. It is an education intensive, telemetry monitored cardiac rehabilitation program. The program operates under the Direction of a Board Certified Cardiologist with a full time supervising physician on premises.
The Nurses and Respiratory Therapy Department staff assigned to the cardiac unit are ACLS Certified. All rehabilitation staff is BLS Certified and is trained to know the difference between cardiac rehabilitation and general rehabilitation of a rehab patient using cardiac precautions. The later is the standard form of rehabilitation being provided in other subacute rehabilitation settings for cardiac patents.
Lakeview’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Program will:
- Develop and meet individualized cardiac rehabilitation goals for any patient with a cardiac related diagnosis who is not yet a candidate for an outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program.
- Provide a multidiscipline educational program specified to the cardiac patient's individual health concerns.
- Maintain daily contact with the patient's cardiologist (fax cardiac rhythm strips or as directed by physician).
- Prepare the patient to participate in an outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program.
- Help reduce hospital length of stay outliers and hospital readmission.